Limited Product Warranty Balena warrants that, for a period of one (1) year after the date of shipment, the Products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. As Balena’s sole liability and Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of the limited warranty set forth herein, Balena will, at its option and expense, repair or replace any Product returned to Customer during the warranty period that does not comply with such warranty, as confirmed by Balena. Replacement Products will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer. All Products that are replaced become the property of Balena. Balena will have no obligation to the extent that any failure of a Product to comply with the limited warranty set forth in this limited product warranty results from or is otherwise attributable to: (i) negligence, misuse, or abuse of the Product; (ii) use of the Product other than in accordance with Balena’s published specifications or user manual; (iii) modifications, alterations or repairs to the Product made by a party other than Balena or a party authorized by Balena; (iv) any failure by Customer or a third party to comply with environmental and storage requirements for the Product specified by Balena, including, but not limited to, temperature or humidity ranges; or (v) use of the Product in combination with any third-party devices or products that have not been provided or recommended by Balena. The parties agree that Balena’s RMA Policy shall apply to Products returned pursuant to this limited product warranty for a breach of warranty.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN IS IN LIEU OF, AND BALENA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS, ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM BALENA OR ELSEWHERE, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
The limited warranty does not apply to:
- Returned items that failed due to an accident, purchaser’s abuse, neglect or failure to operate in accordance with instructions provided in this refund policy.
- Returned items that failed due to incorrect voltage or improper wiring.
- Returned items that failed due to rain, excessive humidity, corrosive environments, or other contaminants.
- Any item damaged in shipment.
- Any product failure caused by installing or operating product under conditions not in accordance with installation and operation guidelines, or damaged by contact with tools or surroundings.
- Returned items with cosmetic defects that do not interfere with product functionality.
- Returned items that are incomplete or defaced.
- Returned items with a different serial number from what was authorized for return.
- Freight damaged items. If your shipment arrives damaged, you must note the damage on the carrier's delivery record in accordance with the carrier's policy, save the merchandise in the original box and packing it arrived in, and arrange for a carrier inspection of damaged merchandise.
Initiating a warranty claim To initiate a warranty claim, please contact support ([email protected]) to receive a copy of the RMA form. When filling the form, make sure you describe the issue as accurately as possible since it will be used as a basis for determining if the warranty claim is valid or not.
After Balena’s evaluation of the return item, Warranty or Out-of-Warranty status will be determined. If the description of the problem is the same as listed on Page 1 of the RMA form, the product will be repaired or replaced under warranty at no charge and shipped back, prepaid, to the customer.
If the description of the problem is different from the problem listed on Page 1 of the RMA form we will contact the customer. At such time, the customer must issue a written confirmation to proceed with the repair(s), agree to cover the costs of the repair and return freight, or authorize the product to be shipped back as is, at the customer’s expense. Failure to obtain written confirmation within thirty (30) days of notification will result in the product being returned as is, at the customer’s expense.
If the product has no identifiable problem, we reserve the right to charge for testing and return shipping costs.
For any product returned to balena for reasons other than warranty, a 20% restocking fee and round-trip shipping costs will be deducted from the credit refund. All returned items must be in their original box or crating and must include all packing material, manuals, and accessories.